Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dungeon Diving

http://johnakerson.acoders.com/latestbuild.html

This is what I've done so far (minus some lighting changes to make it more spooky!). It's coming along well for a week's worth of work (:

Dungeon generation is basically done, I need to place mobs still but the code is trivial. Working on adding some decorative "junk" and lighting (torches!) to the dungeon, as well as improving the wall generation algorithm so it looks more natural and less random. After that it's the fun stuff -- battles!

The battle system will be cool, as the goal is to make monsters "predictable" to a degree. You'll need to know which monsters have which moves, as well as their tendencies. If I get really adventurous, I might even have them learn from your movesets too ;D

The only thing that really "irks" me at the moment is the turning. Since the goal is to make the game "mobile friendly", the navigation of the dungeon is just going from room to room. No time "wasted" etc. With this I'll be creating larger dungeons to churn through, and hopefully the dungeon generator will get to a point where the dungeons stay interesting too.

I'll update again when something cool happens. Until then!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment